Friday, January 21, 2011

Road Warrior...

It’s that time again.  A Liverpool road game.  Great.  I honestly don’t remember fearing going on the road, but this season has just been filled with dread any time the Liverbird is sat under the away column.  My dad has told me of the days of old when Liverpool were feared, home AND away.  It is crazy how things can swing on a dime in two seasons (4-1 at Old Trafford anyone?) but I’d rather not get into that side of football.  It’s time to look forward, simply because we as a club are running out of time to do much positive this season. 
It has been reported Liverpool’s goal for the season is to win the Europa League (I’m all for it, we haven’t had silver our way in quite some time), but I also pray that our lads will put every ounce of blood, sweat and tears into every league game from here on out.  Liverpool still have City and Spurs at home, and with the way the league has been this season, anything is possible.  It is going to have to be a game by game thing, and this week, its Wolves.
After being embarrassed at Anfield last month,  I’d put money on the players still having a bad taste in their mouth.  Will the players come out for revenge?  That’s their call, I just hope Liverpool come one with one thing in mind.  ATTACK.  Granted we have done that the past couple games, but we seem to fizzle out, or lose focus.  Keep attacking.  Honestly, I could care less if Wolves score three tomorrow, as long as Liverpool score four.  Where has the fight gone, which deemed Liverpool comeback kings around Europe.  It’s slowly showing itself, but the players have to continue to show heart, and never lose focus no matter the score line.
Based on previous performances, Martin Kelly will probably retain his spot at right-back, and hopefully we can find Glen Johnson on the wing.  If Agger is fit it would be nice to see him alongside Danny Wilson, with Aurelio at left-back.  Cole may make his return to the left of midfield, with Meireles and Lucas filling the middle.  I’m optimistic and would love to see the young lad Dani Pacheco alongside Fernando Torres.  I don’t like to predict scores, and refuse to start now.  But I think I speak for us all when I say three points would be welcomed with open arms! KEEP THE FAITH.

No comments:

Post a Comment